Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall Has Arrived!

I love fall! It is absolutely beautiful watching the leaves and grasses change color. We live across the street from this tree that is fun to watch. Katina is studying the letter F this week, so we are encouraged to talk a lot about fall at our house...good thing her Mom adores the subject! This tree is a silver maple, small compare to its neighboring trees, but it happens to be out our dining room windows, so seeing it change everyday has been fascinating! The first time we noticed change there were just a few leaves at the top turning red...and today a good third of it has changed. So, we'll keep you posted on our tree. Interested or not, it is a part of each meal as we learn to notice our surroundings....so that's what a mom at home blogs about.

I didn't explain why I am at home...daycare is closed this week, so I was home yesterday and also today, tomorrow we are still searching for options, and Friday Grandpa and Grandma Bartel are going to come spoil the kids. So, pray for our daycare's (Misty) Dad. He is in the hospital - very sick. Talk more later today - will include new birthday party pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Fall themed blog! And Silver Maples are the best! I haven't noticed very many out here. It's so nice to stop and notice nature.

    ReplyDelete