
The half hour after school is the most stressful time of day for me. I have learned to have a snack accessible, sippy cups filled, and personally be ready to sit and snuggle with the kids. If I try to get anything in particular accomplished I am usually rudely reminded that doing so was a bad idea. So, today, I wanted to quickly mix up some sugar cookie dough for Katina's birthday cookies, since I had musical practice until 8 tonight and knew that needed to be done before I went. Katina and Elisa were ready to help and Noah was playing in the living room...or so I thought that's what he was doing.....I found him about 20 minutes later....with the evidence on every finger and an empty bag that once held cheese puffs. The silence should've alerted me, but I was preoccupied, with whatI thought was much more important. So, I thought my son ate most of his supper appetite in cheese puffs.....wrong. He still had room for a smoked pork chop (small one) rice and peas. It's good to have growing kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment