Sunday, October 5, 2008

Snakes!

Sometimes plans change, and then they change again....and we all adapt. I think the most important thing I have learned as a parent is that you can think you have plans and control over a situation, yet being able to be flexible in all situations is the key. I have become much more relaxed about everything. So, after plans changed numerous times on Friday, we ended up staying in Manhattan at G & G Bartel's for the weekend.

The challenge during home KState FB games is always how to entertain 3 kids while the other adults are at the game. After accidentally borrowing a Family Fun (http://familyfun.go.com) magazine from the doctor's office, Katina discovered an arts and crafts project....creating our own snakes. I wasn't so excited about this since I cannot stand snakes - dead, alive or behind a glass wall. But, my daughter convinced me it would be fun. So, after finding cardstock, googly eyes and situating everyone around the table, we created 4 slithery looking snakes. I have to admit, it was very easy and turned out really well. Most importantly, it occupied about an hour of our Saturday afternoon. Here is the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. Your snakes look great! How fun. I love the picture of everyone in K-State gear. How funny about Katina! I love it. She was a great flower girl! We watched the video last night and I was just amazed that both of them stood there the whole time and didn't seem to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - Her Mom was amazed also! I have seen many a flowergirl/ringbearer that end up stealing the spotlight with their kid-like actions. You definitely had a beautiful and meaningful wedding. Thanks for letting us share in it!

    ReplyDelete